POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Photons : Photons Server Time
16 Aug 2024 20:23:13 EDT (-0400)
  Photons
From: Andrew
Date: 18 Dec 2001 16:55:39
Message: <3c1fbb5b@news.povray.org>
Just trying them out for the first time on something more than a sphere.

The shape is made of a dodecahedron and an icosohedron.  count 50000,
but I think it used more like 5 million.  Dispersion 1.1, with 100
samples.  One light source (area light up and to the right).  Photons
took 1.5 hours on a pentium 233, rendering took 40 hours on a P3 500
that was used for games for at least a third of that time.

I suppose the banding artifacts are down to not using enough photons?
And does anyone know why the caustics are so bright?  They look a little
unreal to me.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'test.jpg' (19 KB)